BGCexpress™ Dual Promoter Cloning ServiceOur standard cloning service is now enhanced through BGCexpress™ technology.
BGC Dual Promoter Vector Cloning
As an optional upgrade to the DNAtrap™ BGC cloning service, your biosynthetic gene cluster (BGC) of interest can be cloned directly from genomic DNA into our advanced Streptomyces heterologous expression vector that contains inducible promoters on either side of the BGC insertion site. Controlled transcription from one or both dual inducible promoters can be used to turn on or overexpress your cluster to enhance production of valuable secondary metabolites. DNAtrap™ with BGCexpress™ Dual Promoter Cloning technology is significantly faster than competing methods such as TAR cloning and delivers a flexible construct directly ready for heterologous expression studies.
Get your BGC in a Streptomyces Inducible Expression Vector in 10 days!
Why Choose Varigen
- Dual-inducible promoters improve odds of turning on or over-expressing a pathway
- Up to 150 kb gene cluster clones from virtually any microbe
- Enables capture of hard-to-amplify sequences
- Delivered, verified clones. No library screening required
- IP protection for recombinant clone (and activities thereof)
- Customer retains all rights and ownership
How It Works
- Large secondary metabolism pathways, including repetitive polyketide and nonribosomal peptide natural products
- Genomic islands, virulence factors, proviruses, antibiotic biosynthetic pathways, etc
- Long operons, amplification resistant genes
What you provide
- Microbial cells
- Whole-genome sequence
- Biosynthetic gene cluster target of interest
What you receive
- Sequence-verified BAC clone of your region of interest
- Turn around time of 10 days!
- Novel, inducible dual-promoter vector
- Customizable bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) vector