Targeted Cloning of Large Pathways
DNAtrap™ technology provides custom cloning of biosynthetic gene clusters and long operons up to 100 kb in length.
DNAtrap™️ Biosynthetic Gene Cluster Cloning Service
DNAtrap™ technology provides custom cloning of biosynthetic gene clusters (BGCs) up to 100 kb in length. Varigen’s CRISPR/Cas9-based technology is significantly faster than competing techniques as we can deliver intact gene cluster clones from your sequenced microbe in 10 days.
Recombinant BGCs in 10 days!
Varigen has extensive experience cloning large, difficult DNA fragments, such as polyketide synthase (PKS), non-ribosomal peptide synthase (NRPS), and hybrid BGCs, as well as difficult to PCR fragments like virulence factor pathways. In these examples, unique restriction digest fragment patterns match the in silico simulated digest pattern, demonstrating the entire genomic fragment was correctly cloned into the BAC plasmid vector.
I had worked on cloning a pathway by conventional methods for over three months with little success. Varigen was able to perform the targeted cloning of an entire bacterial secretion pathway in less than 10 days! The amount of time, money, and frustration that your service saved our lab cannot be overstated. I look forward to doing business with you again.Priscilla Barger
- 100 kb gene cluster clones from virtually any microbe
- Enables capture of hard-to-amplify sequences
- Delivered, verified clones. No library screening required
- IP protection for recombinant clone (and activities thereof)
- Customer retains all rights and ownership
Precision capture and cloning of intact pathways up to 100 kb
Send us your bacterial sample & sequence and our scientists do the rest!
10 day turn around
Cheaper than other methods (e.g. TAR or traditional BAC cloning)
Multiple BAC vector options and any sequenced genome
Customer retains all rights and ownership
- Large secondary metabolism pathways, including repetitive polyketide and nonribosomal peptide natural products
- Genomic islands, virulence factors, proviruses, antibiotic biosynthetic pathways, etc
- Long operons, amplification resistant genes
What you provide
- Microbial cells
- Whole-genome sequence
- Biosynthetic gene cluster target of interest
What you receive
- Sequence-verified BAC clone of your region of interest
- Turn around time of 10 days!
- Novel, inducible dual-promoter vector
- Customizable bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) vector
505 S. Rosa Road
Madison, WI 53719
Varigen Biosciences Corporation is an NIH- and NSF-funded effort to harness naturally occurring microbial diversity to develop the next generation of natural products through genomics and metagenomics. Varigen's team is led by researchers with over 125 years of combined experience.